When Parenting Doesn’t Go As Planned
Jodi Schilling tells her personal story about parenting not going as planned for her and her husband. She tells a story of having a child with autism, a child with learning challenges, and more challenges repeatedly coming her way. Jodi also tells a story of coping, loving her family for what it is, and rising together in love for success. This heart-felt episode is not only relatable but also inspiring. Jodi gives practical advice to parents facing adversity so that they too, can rise and triumph in their challenging parenting journey.
Watch the Video below
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE RECORDING
https://theimpactfulparent.com/app Download the FREE Impactful Parent App! Available on Apple and Android App Stores. FREEBIES from episodes included!
Apple Store: https://theimpactfulparent.com/ios
Android Play Store: https://theimpactfulparent.com/android
https://theimpactfulparent.com for more FREE Resources and paid programs.
https://www.goodmomcoach.com For more from Jodi Schilling
When Parenting Doesn’t Go As Planned
We all have this vision of parenting and what everything is supposed to be like. The minute we find out we are pregnant, we suddenly dream of walks in the park, weddings, and long hugs from little arms. It doesn’t take long for us to realize that parenting is much more difficult than expected, and there will be times when parenting doesn’t go as planned.
For Jodi Schilling, her parenting expectations were quickly challenged at her first ultrasound. From there, parenting became a challenge and journey that would teach her many life lessons. This is one of my longest interviews (47 minutes in length) and one of my most inspiring! When I was editing my footage, I couldn’t cut out anything that Jodi said, nor did I want to.
Jodi Schilling tells her personal story about parenting not going as planned for her and her husband. She tells a story of having a child with autism, another child with learning challenges, and more challenges repeatedly coming her way. Jodi also tells a story of coping, loving her family for what it is, and rising together in love for success.
This heartfelt episode is not only relatable but also encouraging for any parent going through adversity, crisis, or simply disappointment that parenting hasn’t gone as they planned. Jodi gives practical advice to parents facing hardship so that they, too, can rise and triumph in their challenging parenting journey. I hope you watch all 47 minutes because there is so much to learn and take in from beginning to end.
* This episode also comes with a freebie for parents, found inside the Impactful Parent app!
1:00 Jodi’s story
13:29 Relatable ideas
14:36 Expectations in parenting
16:15 Challenges make you stronger
19:04 Go through it, not around it
19:51 Love conquers trauma
23:41 Mistakes parents make when in a family crisis
30:46 Parents want to control
32:43 Blame does nothing
34:22 Most important things to remember
44:50 FREEBIE Link
To access YOUR FREE PARENTING RESOURCES for your school-aged child, download the FREE Impactful Parent App! Available on the Android Play Store and on the Apple Store.
The app is FREE and is full of MORE than just this great video. The Impactful Parent App has:
- over 100 parent-education videos,
- tons of resources,
- FREE 30-Day Challenges to make you a better parent,
- and so much more!
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to carry a parenting coach in your pocket! Download the app today! Real advice. Real issues. Period. Helping parents of school-age children.
#parenting #familytrauma #autismstory
What to do next:
1. Get The Impactful Parent App! Everything you need in your parenting journey in one spot! Available on the Android Play Store and the Apple Store. Search Impactful Parent (direct links listed above under Links in Episode).
5. Discover how you can work with Kristina! Sign up for a FREE 30-minute discovery call! Click here to find a time that works best for you!
Bottom Line… I am here for YOU! Contact me at email@example.com
Gabb Wireless: The BEST first phone for your child!
- No internet, no social media, and NO WORRIES! This phone has GPS tracking and other features that parents want to have peace of mind about their child having a phone. The Gabb Wireless phone has the sleek look of a smartphone that kids love without worry and high price. To find out more and order your phone (or watch) go to: gabbwireless.com/promo/IMPACTFULPARENT30