Kristina CamposFounder and Managing Principal of The Impactful Parent
Helping You Create A Connection With Your Child That Lasts A Lifetime.The Impactful Parent
Connection and Behavior Management
Click on the video below to hear a special message.
I believe that school-aged children need a different kind of parenting than younger children. As our kids get older, we are preparing them for the real world and trying to grow responsible, capable adults. The more they grow, the more our role shifts from guardian to coach. As with many good coaches, we begin to train our kids in particular skill-sets. We educate our children about choices. We role model adulting. We manage our children’s needs, and we support them in their goals.
As a guidance coach for parents, I take the same approach. I provide guidance, choices, resources, education, skill-sets, and feedback.
My Beliefs and Values:
- I believe parenting is difficult and you don’t have to do it alone.
- I believe that every child is unique. What works for one person may not work for another. Our kids are no exception to this either.
- I believe that we are all doing our best and we can do better together.
- I believe that I don’t know all the answers, but I will do my best to help you.
- I value education. I value people who are experts in their fields and want to share their knowledge.
- I value community. I believe that we are better parents when we feel a sense of fellowship with others who can support us and give a safe space to be our true selves.
- I value giving. I believe that when we are selfless in our intentions, we receive more in return than we ever gave away.